UWDC “People Helping People” Tops $81K to Improve Lives
Longest-running Denton County charity golf event raises most ever in 33rd year history
ARGYLE, TX (June 20, 2023) –
The course at the Denton Country Club sizzled with activity yesterday for the 33rd Annual People Helping People Golf Tournament, Denton County’s longest-running charity golf event, which set a record with $81,287 raised to support United Way of Denton County’s mission to improve and transform lives.
“Today was a great day thanks to our local vehicle dealerships,” said Gary Henderson, President & CEO of United Way of Denton County. “We thank all of the sponsors, golfers, and volunteers who survived the heat to make this our most successful golf tournament to date.”
Golfers filling the sold-out flight of 34 teams began the day with the second-annual “Cluster Putt” on the putting green before heading out for the shotgun start. The day ended at the Denton Country Club clubhouse for the 19th Hole Celebration where participants exchanged golf tales over barbecue and tournament winners were announced.
Started in 1991 at the old UNT Golf Course, the People Helping People Golf Tournament has continually garnered support from area dealerships and businesses. To date, the tournament has raised more than $961,000 to support United Way of Denton County.
Additional sponsors for the 30th Annual People Helping People Golf Tournament include:
- Iron Sponsor: Merki & Associates;
- Eagle Sponsors: CTDI, DATCU Credit Union, Independent Financial, First State Bank, First United Bank, Texas Health Presbyterian Denton
- Birdie Sponsors: American National Bank & Trust, Connections Wellness Group, Denton Chamber of Commerce/Discover Denton, Frost Bank, Law Office of Brent D. Bowen, PLLC
- Putting Contest Sponsor: Texas Regional Bank
- Speed Hole Sponsor: Worthington Bank
- Closest to the Pin Sponsor: IMPress Graphics
- 19th Hole Celebration Sponsor: Atmos Energy
- Beverage Station Sponsors: Pros PM, Title Resources
- Breakfast Sponsors: Milpa Kitchen & Cantina, PointBank
- Hole Sponsors: Cumberland Youth & Family Services, Denton Record-Chronicle, Illustrative Depictions
- Longest Drive Sponsor: Groggy Dogg
ABOUT UNITED WAY OF DENTON COUNTY
Founded in 1953, United Way of Denton County is a local affiliate of a global organization led by a governing board of community volunteers. Through collaborative initiatives and programs with a network of local nonprofits, businesses, and government, we empower neighbors to invest in one another for a better Denton County community. We LIVE UNITED to help Children and Families succeed, to guide and serve Veterans and their families, to make Homelessness rare, brief, and nonrecurring, and to advocate for overall Mental Health. Working together, we identify the community’s most critical needs and implement collaborative solutions to improve and transform lives in Denton County. For more information, visit www.UnitedWayDentonCounty.org or call (940)566-5851. #GiveToOneImpactMany