Non-profit Administration Intern
Lewisville Area Chamber of Commerce
The Lewisville Area Chamber of Commerce is an independent non-profit 501(c)(6) organization of businessmen and women who are investing their resources in community development programs – working together to improve the economic, civic and cultural strength of the Lewisville area. Its mission is to promote economic growth of the business community.
Position: Non-profit Administration Intern
Job Description: The Lewisville Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a highly-motivated individual who is smart, organized, and well-spoken to join our Chamber as a Non-profit Administration Intern. As the Non-profit Administration you will gain valuable, on-the-job experience with a well-known Chamber of Commerce. This position provides a student with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in nonprofit operations.
· Assist with communications, member support, including communicating with guests and sponsors
· Answer Phones, E-mail correspondence, and Attend some Chamber Events
· Collaborating with staff on new ideas directions with processes
· Provide support to Chamber Staff on special projects and initiatives
· Assist with general office tasks
· Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, and written), research capabilities, and outstanding attention to detail
· Ability to work and maintain productivity with minimal supervision
· High level of professionalism
· Ability to work with volunteers
· Experience in delivering excellent customer service
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Ability to offer new ideas, concepts, solutions, etc.
Time commitment: Flexible schedule with the ability to work some evenings if needed.
To apply: E-mail cover letter, and resume to the Office Administrator, Christina Nolen, at [email protected]
· Lewisville Area Chamber of Commerce
· 551 N. Valley Parkway
Lewisville, TX 75067
· (972) 436-9571
· (972) 436-5949
· [email protected]