Helpful Resources for Business Owners:
In order to make things a little bit easier for our chamber members, we have added some helpful links that might be useful during this time. #StrongerTogether
Governor Greg Abbott announces second phase of the State of Texas' ongoing plan to safely and strategically open Texas while minimizing the spread of COVID-19March 18th, 2020
Under the direction of Governor Abbott, with the advice of the Lt. Governor, Speaker of the House, Attorney General, and Texas Comptroller:
The Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas will safely and strategically restart and revitalize all aspects of the Lone Star State - work, school, entertainment, and culture.
Under Phase II, restaurants may increase their occupancy to 50% and additional services and activities that remained closed under Phase I may now open with restricted occupancy levels and minimum standard health protocols laid out by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
Additionally, the Governor announced that public schools in Texas have the option to provide in-person summer school so long as they follow social distancing practices and health protocols laid out by DSHS. These classes may begin as soon as June 1st.
All sporting and camp activities are required to adhere by special safety standards, and minimum standard health protocols have been established for all newly-announced opened services and activities. Businesses located in office buildings may also open but must limit their occupancy to the greater of 10 employees or 25% of their workforce.
Additionally, restaurants may expand their occupancy to 50% beginning May 22. Bars - including wine tasting rooms, craft breweries, and similar businesses - may open at 25% occupancy but like restaurants, these occupancy limits do not apply to outdoor areas that maintain safe distancing among parties.
Opened services and activities under Phase II are subject to certain occupancy limits and health and safety protocols. For details and a full list of guidelines, openings, and relevant dates, visit www.gov.texas.gov/opentexas.
Open Texas Checklists:
New, In Effect May 31, 2020
- Day Youth Camp Operators
- Day Youth Camp Families
- Overnight Youth Camp Operators
- Overnight Youth Camp Families
- Professional Sports Without In-Person Spectators
- Youth Sports Operators
- Youth Sports Families
New, In Effect May 22, 2020
- Bar Patrons
- Bowling Alleys, Bingo Halls, Simulcasting, Skating Rinks
- Bowling, Bingo, Simulcasting, Skating Customers
- Rodeo / Equestrian Events
- Zoos, Aquariums, Natural Caverns
- Zoo, Aquarium, Natural Cavern Visitors
New, Now in Effect as of May 18, 2020
- Child Care Centers
- Child Care Families
- Massage and Personal-Care, Beauty Services
- Massage and Personal-Care, Beauty Service Customers
- Youth Clubs
- Youth Club Participants
Effective May 18, 2020
- Gyms / Exercise Facilities (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Gym / Exercise Facility Patrons (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Manufacturers (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Office-Based Employers (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Office-Based Employees (Updated May 18, 2020)
Effective May 8, 2020
- Barber Shops
- Barber Shop Customers
- Cosmetology / Hair Salons
- Cosmetology / Hair Salon Customers
- Nail Salons / Shops
- Nail Salon Customers
- Tanning Salons
- Tanning Salon Customers
Effective May 5, 2020
- Individuals (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Special Guidance for Texans Over 65
- All Employers and Employees
- Churches and Places of Worship
- Church / Worship Attendees (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Low-COVID-19 Counties (No Revisions)
- Movie Theaters (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Movie Theater Customers (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Museums and Libraries (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Museum and Library Visitors (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Outdoor Sports Participants
- Parks / Beaches / Bodies of Water (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Restaurants (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Restaurant Customers (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Retailers (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Retail Customers (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Single Person Offices
- Wedding Reception Venues
- Wedding Reception Attendees (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Wedding Venues
- Wedding Attendees (Updated May 18, 2020)
From the Texas Education Agency
“As we open Texas, we are each called upon to be Texans: to act responsibly as we re-engage in the economy, to continue following all health precautions and sanitizing guidelines, and to care for our vulnerable neighbors. Lives depend on our actions. I know you will respond as Texans.” – Governor Greg Abbott
CoServ sets up relief fund to help Members and Customers
CoServ is helping residential Members and Customers during this challenging time, by establishing a CoServ Charitable Foundation (CFF) COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund. The Charity has designated $200,000 to help provide financial assistance for those affected by the pandemic.
In addition, they have extended the suspension of residential disconnections for nonpayment through Thursday, April 30, 2020 and they are offering payment due-date extensions that will give customers the time they need to initiate the application process and receive assistance.
For more information visit click here.
Drive-Thru Testing in Lewisville Available Now
A couple of private healthcare providers in Lewisville have started to provide COVID-19 drive thru testing locations:
MD Medical Group, Clinicas Mi Doctor, 700 S. I35E SBFR (next to the Starbucks). According to MD Medical Group, the location has the ability to administer 200 tests per day.
- Patients can go through the outdoor drive thru module and be evaluated without leaving their car.
- It is open to adults and children age 2 and older from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Patients must schedule an appointment by calling or texting 888-776-5252. Same-day appointments are available. They need the patient's full name, date of birth, address, and insurance information.
- When patients arrive at the site, healthcare professionals at the clinic will start assessing (quick questionnaire) whether a patient is showing symptoms of COVID-19 and whether they have been exposed to the disease.
- They will test patients for flu and strep first.
- Then, if the patient meets their criteria,(fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) and healthcare provider determines that the patient is a candidate for testing, they will go ahead and administer the COVID-19 test.
- They stated that the results are averaging up to 7 - 10 days.
Prime Care Medical Center, 540 Surf St. Lewisville, TX 75067, 972-420-9900
- Lewisville is currently operating under normal business hours 8-8 M-F and 8-5 S-S.
- We are doing Curbside testing for those patients concerned they may have the COVID-19 virus, which means they never enter our clinic.
Bendt Distilling needs donations to give back to the community
Our local chamber members, Bendt Distilling, are giving back to our community by making their own hand sanitizer for DFW first responders and the community. In order to meet growing demands, they're asking for YOUR help! By leaving a donation, we could help them in their efforts to support making free hand cleaner! Click here to donate NOW.
The Murray Media group has been around for over 16 years and have seen many changes and business downturns, but the main thing we have learned was that the businesses that “stayed the course” fared much better than their competitors when things returned to normal...and they will!
Your customers and clients are counting on you, now, more than ever. Your consistent dialog with them puts you in a position to keep that relationship strong and help you gain market share.
The Murray Media group is offering a texting service to all of its clients for FREE! They will create a TEXTING CODE for your clients & the general public. They'll be able to text and receive immediate live updates from your business. If you are interested in this Premium Package to help you during these stressful times CLICK HERE. Murray Media will promote your CODES in all our magazines, social media pages, websites, etc. until the COVID-19 passes.
Murray Media group is praying for you and all the local businesses, non profits , municipal and public safety officials.
If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know! Contact: [email protected]